we bought our first home
After being let down on four other houses we were very excited when Clea called with the news that they accepted our offer.
List price April 2010: $300,000
When we looked at this house we were soo excited and could see our selves living here. I was worried because last time I looked at the house it was listed so high. Over the years they slowly let it down and by the time we got our hands on it the list price was in our budget.
List Price June 2012: $185,600
We talked and talked about what we should offer because to me it still seemed high, probably because I have never bought something so expensive in my life but it seemed like a lot at the time. We put in an offer at 175,000 they came back and said 180,000. We didn't write back for a week because after we got the letter back we heard that one of the other houses we looked at rejected the persons offer. A week later we heard they offered 5,000 more and got the house, so that lead us to keep going on our house.
Bought for: $175,600
After all the paper work and stress we got our keys August 21st 2012
Jimmy was so excited to open the door first
(he is a little kid at heart)
On our way to my family's house we got into a car accident with my family. It was a freak accident and I am so happy still to this day that we were all okay and only my mom and myself had to go to the ER.

It was so scary and from now on we all wear our seatbelts. I believe we had an angel looking over us the whole time. It was a bummer to our good day but in the end I was just more then happy my family was ok.
Moving in
While Jimmy was gone for two weeks on a elk hunt I decided I would paint the house and start moving stuff over because I couldn't wait to get all moved in.
The whole house was white when we first moved in, now the kitchen is red and the living room is grey. Thanks to my family who came over to help me paint and move everything over so when Jimmy got home he really only had the big stuff to move.
One night while painting I got a text that Jimmy finally got his elk!
Jimmy has been a hunter since he was a little kid but became certified when he was only twelve years old. Since he could he put in for a elk tag he has every year, if you are a hunter you know that tags are not cheap then when they get hit you better fill them!
Jimmy spent two weeks up in the mountains looking for dream elk. After a week of only seeing moms and babies he got upset and thought about coming home.
Needless to say he stayed there and ended up coming home with this huge thing!
We are finally in our home
Eating our fist meal




No comments:
Post a Comment